sexta-feira, 6 de outubro de 2017

A COUPLE OF TEES FOR INES . IN LOVE WITH NOSH ORGANIC JERSEY

I never thought I would ever make tees for my kids and now tees are among my favorite sewing projects. Especially when made with wonderful organic cotton jersey…

Tees are quick and easy to sew and, most of all, are worn a lot more then woven dresses and shirts. So it is a win win-win situation!
PATTERN: “Smart Guittars” (hacked) from Ottobre Magazine 1/2015. I LOVE Ottobre knit patterns! The fit is perfect for my kids and the designs suit their pre-teen taste to perfection. This pattern is actually for a long sleeve but, since the weather is still quite nice around here (and, I must confess, I didn’t have enough fabric!), I hacked it and turned it into a short sleeve tee. The sleeves are actually cuffs and were inspired by Liesl and Co. Bento Tee, one of my favorite women’s patterns. I decided to sew one size up hopping that this tees would still fit Ines nicely next summers. Let’s keep our fingers crossed…

FABRIC: KatseJersey in Blue/Light Blue and Midi Stripes Jersey in Vanilla/Blue Grey both from Nosh. When I order fabric from Nosh I always ask my kids to pick one fabric they really like. Last time I knew Ines would for sure chose this lovely printed jersey and I wasn’t wrong! I also ordered a small piece of the striped jersey as I thought both would look nice together (something Mini Boden inspired: printed bodice and striped sleeves) but, when my order arrived, we all loved so much the striped jersey – the blue grey is absolutely gorgeous! – that we decided to use them on their own. So Ines got two new tees instead of just one!


There is not much to say about Nosh fabrics that hasn´t been said before… The quality is top and that makes it wonderful to sew and wear. The fabric never gets distorted and the color does not fade so clothes last forever!
I had the perfect example a couple of days ago: Ines went to school wearing this printed shirt and, when she arrived, she had two big red ink stains in the front. I used a very powerful stain remover, had to scrub out the stains and the color is still perfect. I’m happy!
(That's enough Mum! I need to grab my things and go to school!)

P.S. Thank you so much Olga, Mie, Jenya and Suzanne for all the advices on editing my photos. Though they are still far from perfect, I think I finally got to understand the basics of Photoshop. I hope that, with some practice and help from my good friends in this wonderful sewing community, I will one day be really happy with the photos I share with you.
 

8 comentários:

  1. Oh I am glad you managed to get rid of the stains, it would have been a shame to ruin such a pretty shirt! Both tees look great! I can see why your daughter loved the print so much! Oh and I am only learning editing, but it is so much fun to do it in such great company ;)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Getting rid of those stains without ruining the fabris was amazing. I was so happy!
      I feel like re-editing all photos on my blog! But I guess I better wait a little bit as I am sure I still have a lot to improve.

      Eliminar
  2. Oh I love the shape of this tee - with the added cuffs! And of course that fabric is just lovely!! I definitely have to check out my Ottobre issues again to see what else I am missing!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Thanks Emi! I was pretty happy with the cuffs too. They make a simple tee look a little bit special, right?
      Every now and then I sit on the sofa and flip through the pages of my Ottobre collection. It is super inspirational and I always find more patterns I want to sew.

      Eliminar
  3. Não há nada como costurar peças que os miúdos realmente vistam e gostem. Os tecidos que escolheram são super giros e a tua Inês está enorme! =D

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. Obrigada Magda!
      Realmente a Ines cresceu imenso nos últimos meses! Espero que não cresça assim tanto nos próximos porque se não as t-shirts deixam de servir. :)

      Eliminar
  4. Respostas
    1. Thanks Jodi!
      I was a little bit afraid they might not work but I am glad they did!

      Eliminar